McKinney Pest Control treats Bed Bugs in the Mckinney, Texas area. What many people do not realize is that it can cause a variety of health problems including skin rashes, skin effects, emotional problems, and allergic symptoms. If you do have this kind of pest in your home, though, you shouldn’t be ashamed. They are a traveler, and they’ll travel on just about anything that moves. If your neighbor has an infestation, you’re very likely to have them in your home soon. They’re spreading rapidly through the area, and nobody is completely safe.
Bed bugs are becoming a problem once again in McKinney, possibly encouraged by the increase in international travel. People who spend a lot of time in places with high turnovers of night-time guests such as hotels, hospitals or homeless shelters put themselves at an increased risk for bringing bugs back home.
Houses can become infested in a variety of ways such as:
- By coming in on clothes, shoes, luggage, pets, and even on people
- Infested items being brought in such as furniture, clothing, or stuffed animals.
- Travel of bed bugs from nearby dwellings that are infested such as adjacent apartments or office spaces. They are known to easily travel through ductwork and false ceilings
- Wild animals such as birds and bats can carry bed bugs.
Treating them is not an easy process in McKinney or anywhere for that matter, as they are incredibly elusive. They are generally nocturnal, making them hard to find at times. They will often hide in dark crevices and their tiny eggs will be nested in the seams of fabric or on mattresses. Signs of infestation are:
- Bites on any skin exposed during sleep.
- Fecal spots
- Blood smears on sheets which appear as rust-colored spots
- Molts or “shells”
If you suspect you may have an infestation, McKinney Pest Control can treat all your bed bug problems and provide solutions! Not all treatments are the same, so contact us at (214) 620-0921 today to have our specialist come out to your home.